Friday, September 28, 2012

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

It's finally happened, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is now coming to the Wii U and the 3DS for the West! It's due March 2013!

I started playing Monster Hunter 3 years ago, the first game I played was on the PSP and it was Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, I didn't give much thought to it since the game looked pretty difficult, and the RPG side of it was too confusing.

But on a quiet, and uneventful day, I decided to play the game a little longer than 5 minutes, and boy was I surprised!

The game revolves around either capturing or killing certain monsters to protect your village, it even had a manga that was certainly eye-candy for the fan boy inside of me.

It's best feature is that, compared to other Adventure/RPG games, the gear is just part of the character, what defined your character was your choice of weapon, and bad ass skills.

Real-time combat was just way better than adding up statistics for health, damage, mana, and all of that, Monster Hunter was a breath of fresh air for this hardcore gamer.

With it's popularity in Japan, it didn't take long for the West to become hunters as well, hence, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate trended worldwide when it was announced for Nintendo.

So grab your rainy day money, get geared up, and prepare for March 2013 when this game comes out, I know I'll be waiting in line just to get my copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment